Fall

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Painting the town, Greenville-style

The Bobby McFerrin concert was better than expected, for everyone. He had 11 "singers" with him, and almost all of them did solos. They started out sounding like Hakuna Matata, then one lady did a spot-on Ricola commercial impression. (She wasn't trying, that's just the closet thing it sounded like). The most interesting part, though, was if you closed your eyes, you couldn't tell that the sound was people, and not actual instruments like drums, tambourines, bongos. At the end, the audience got into it as they did an encore. It was cool. The only thing I missed was, he didn't sing "Don't worry by happy." But it was good anyway.

Then we went to this restaurant called the Trio. It had mostly Italian food like pasta, calzones, pizza. I had the fettucini primavera with shrimp. Umm umm good. Filled up the bucket nice.

Then we went to this bar behind West End Field (the baseball park for the Greenville minor league team) and hung out with some of Crystal's friends from college. There was a live band there, and it was overflowing with 20-somethings.

So all in all, it was an awesome Friday night.

Tonight, Crystal and I are going to Kylie's concert with the Anderson Orchestra. (She plays violin). They're doing some sort of Celtic ensemble.

I know what you're thinking: I've already reached my cultural quota for '08.

Having said that, I think I'm going to watch basketball and play Xbox Tiger Woods 'til the cows come home.

And I got my SC refund check, oh yeah. Start the flat-screen countdown. I think my pad will be a destination for the Final Four, Masters, NASCAR, and the Olympics.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have had trouble leaving comments so I just did a bit of "tweeking" that may help. And I wanted to comment here to let Keith know that I would GIVE MY HAIR to hear Bobby McFerrin live! Must've been awesome.

Now to test my commenting-saavy. Seriously, I am ready just to buy a pencil but in a moment I may be doing Dance of Joy!

Andy H