Fall

Monday, November 8, 2010

K & K's fall

It seems like fall has blown in overnight, and as usual, the K&K team has hop skotched around the Southeast.

We start with Halloween, and for the first time ever in an office setting, ol' Uncle Bucket broke out the costume talents. I went as a vending machine, and I'd call it a hit because all of my co-workers guessed what it was right away.


Halloween weekend we set off to Jacksonville (Ms. K was already in the Sunshine State for a conference to present a roundtable discussion for her Ph.D.) for the annual Georgia-Florida game. It's formerly known as the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party because it's a combination state fair and bowl game. Even though the Dawg's have only won three of the last 21 games, including a 34-31 OT loss this time, it was a fun trip because the game was exciting, despite the loss. Our seats were two rows from the top, so Polk might not have made it to halftime, but maybe these pictures aren't too much to bear.



We stayed with her stepbrother Keith and his wife Shelley, and daughters Alex and Emma. Below is a craft pumpkin the girls made that could be filed away for a young person near you next season.




When we returned home on Sunday, Halloween, Carole greeted us at the door with a roaring dinosaur, a "Boo, Ya'll" shirt and a Mardi Gras-esque mask.

A couple days later, I cast my first ballot as a Georgia voter, and honestly had a purple ballot - equal red and blue for all of you right wingers out there.


On Saturday, before the Dawgs demolished poor Idaho State, Kristi worked the annual South Campus Tailgate. It's a gathering of the College of Ag folks to display students' work, reunite alumni, and eat BBQ.






4 comments:

Laura Bridges said...

Looks like a very fun fall but something tells me that K & K's winter will be even more exciting!!

Polk said...

What a nice surprise to log on and find a nice update from K&K. I think I'll stick to watching football on T.V.

Grace Halsey said...

I love that costume! Was that your idea? I enjoyed reading your recap of the fall. But, as Ruthie mentioned, "get your motor runnin'" for the end of the year!!!!

sharon said...

Didn't someone get married last week? Where are the wedding pictures?