A few weeks ago, we went to visit our friends, the Roarks, on their beautiful farm overlooking the Delta farmland. I should've gotten a few pictures of the view, but alas, my camera was always aimed at my most photographed subjects--Clara and Benjamin! (And, if you want to see the Delta at its best, check out
Carol's artwork.) Before enjoying some chili and s'mores, our friends graciously gave us some riding lessons on their pony, Scout (where have we heard that name before....? :)

Benjamin prepares Scout for some work

Benjamin goes at it alone, with Al's watchful eyes following closely!

Watching Clara take a turn

This could easily become a habit! Just give us a few acres, some ponies, some helpers, some extensive lessons on horse care & riding technique....
Oh well, we'll just visit ponies when we can!

Clara and Abbi (on Samson) sitting pretty

And here they are on Monday night, trick-or-treating! This year, Benjamin was a sheriff, Abbi was an elegant lady from a masquerade ball and Clara was a cowgirl.
When you have boots from Wyoming, you just have to put them to good use!
2 comments:
I'm such a proud aunt! They did great! Those horses looked perfect for beginners, too. We're still fine tuning Champ but he's coming along. Also, I don't know why but I just love photos of kids climbing gates. Neat post :-)
I want to be a kid again and do some of this fun stuff!
Gramma xoxo
Post a Comment