Because we enjoyed our car shopping experience so much less than a month ago, Kristi and I set out to replace the '04 Hyundai Sonata I bought in 2006.
The Old Gray Mare had taken me through the epic Uncle Tour of 2008, and the hellacious commute to Marietta (or as the locals say, 'Mayretta') last year. She had racked up 139,000 miles, and while more than one mechanic said she could go close to 200,000, a looming catalytic converter repair was not the kind of dice I wanted to roll.
So I found a 2010 Hyundai Sonata at the Mall of Georgia Team Hyundai in Buford (similar setup to the car dealerships along Shelbyville Road.) It has 32,000 miles on it, and recently was reduced to $13,900. We took it on a test drive, and everything checked out. We haggled a bit, and, surprisingly, got the Old Gray Mare's value up $1,500.
Buying two cars in a month wasn't the ideal plan, but I'm relieved that we have more reliable cars with better gas mileages. And they look pretty cool, if we do say so ourselves.
My favorite feature is the blue numbers and dashboard.

2 comments:
Pretty color! The color of the dash backlights is very important to backseat passengers. I've only recently been made aware of this!
You all are stylin'! So.....which one is going to make it to Gatlinburg this summer? And, which one is Earl's favorite? :)
Post a Comment