Fall

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Favorites

When we were driving home from Gatlinburg, Andy and I asked the girls to tell us what their favorite thing was that we did on the trip.

Abigail said, "Swimming in the river AND the pool.  It was neat that we could swim in two places."



Hannah said, "I really like to walk in the woods, so that was my favorite."  So what if she was carried part of the way.


And they both agreed that cousin time ranks pretty high, too.  In every picture I can find, they pair up the same way: Clara and Hannah, Abigail and Benjamin.


Oh, and Earl!  Thanks to Aunt and Uncle K for renewing the regular pleas for an indoor dog.  You know, to go with our horses, dogs, cats, turtle and chickens.  Maybe someday!

Andy and I first went to Gatlinburg on the way home from our honeymoon.  I'd been there a few times during my summers in nearby North Carolina, on the other side of the park.  And we've been back on one family vacation and Andy's trip there with friends.  We absolutely love the national park and we really enjoyed being there with such important people to us!
Though visits are busy now and full of schedule adjustments and accomodations (thank you, nursing baby, well balanced meals for children, Diabetic lows, etc.) we know that someday the trips will be calmer and we'll all wish for the chaos of 2012.

2 comments:

Keith said...

With those water preferences, if Abby does work for OSHA, maybe she'll go with the DNR as a safety officer?

Grace Halsey said...

What's a multi-family vacation without a little chaos mixed in?? :) I like the river pic where I have a had on Hannah and Keith has a hand on Benji! And, the pizza parlor one was cute, too. Lots of fun times in memories and many more to come!