Below, Andy giving Hannah her first bottle.
Time is flying by! On Tuesday Hannah will be six weeks old, so it is time for a little update on her. She is growing and changing so quickly!
Hannah is still a really good baby, we sure hope that doesn't change. She eats every 2 or 3 hours and then stays awake for a little while before falling asleep. Her awake time is increasing little by little and she has started spending some time on her tummy. I don't think she really loves tummy time but she doesn't really fight it. Instead, she fusses just a little and then lays her head down and waits for me to turn her back over. She has a great love for ceiling fans and light fixtures, staring off into space at them often. She has been very easy to run errands with and tends to hold off on needing to eat as long as she's warm and cozy in her carseat. Eventually though it becomes lunch time and so, she has already nursed in several parking lots and I have re-mastered the art of changing a diaper on my lap while sitting in the passenger seat!
Later in the evenings, usually around 8:30 or so, Hannah really likes to be held. She doesn't use a pacifier (I keep trying, she just doesn't want it) and since she's rarely fussy I don't mind just holding her when she needs me to. Then she nurses between 10 and 10:30 and is off to sleep in her bassinet. She lays down awake and falls asleep on her own! Occasionally after a busy day or active evening she has some trouble falling asleep so I let her fall asleep before I lay her down, but not often. She wakes up once a night to eat and then is right back to sleep.
The only bump in the road so far is that Hannah doesn't really like to take a bottle. We've tried two or three times with very mixed results. Jennifer (our babysitter) is very calm and unconcerned so I'm not going to worry about it either. We'll just try again once in awhile and I'm sure she'll catch on eventually.
More and more we are hearing from people how much the girls look alike. You be the judge! Above are some more recent pictures of her, but they're a few days old and it seems like she looks different already!
2 comments:
She's gotten so big already!! I can't believe it's been 6 weeks already. She's adorable. Enjoy the last few weeks you have with Hannah....hopefully they won't fly by!
I can't belive how big she's getting!!!!!!! Cuter everyday. And I will post a new blog about the daycare at least once a week. Well for one of the presents I have to have your email address because it's a video mail and the other one she'll be able to bring home. So I posted a new one so check it out and I will see you on Monday.
love,
~Kayla~
Post a Comment