When we were around 7 and 5 years old, Gracie was often frustrated and embarrassed by my fashion choices. One day it was particularly bad when I dressed myself in purple sweat pants and a red t-shirt. Mom, Gracie and I all remember this day, it will forever be in the Farner family history books (if there were such a thing!). The t-shirt was from our church softball team or something and I was apparently pretty enthusiastic about it. The purple sweat pants? Who knows, let's just all be thankful that those things aren't widely available these days! I came downstairs, ready for school and was so pleased that I'd gotten myself dressed and everything. Gracie took one look at me and declared, "Mom, I am not going to school with her dressed like that!" Sheer horror spread across her face. I'm pretty sure she was probalby wearing a white izod polo shirt and some sensible khaki pants or something. Clearly, I was the radical one in the family!
Just a few weeks ago after church, Hannah was playing on her lavender afghan, made for her by Aunt Evelyn. She had on this adorable outfit and was being so cute, I just had to take a picture.
Only later, as I scrolled through the pictures, did I realize the mismatch I had committed...again!

Isn't she cute?
2 comments:
She IS so cute! I hope I'm a little less judgemental now after I've grown up! :) We all have our preferences and it is good to be creative. If it's any consolation, I let Clara go to the grocery store with me the other day wearing a red "Indiana" shirt and pink and yellow flowered shorts (that she had chosen and put on by herself) without saying a word. Progress, right? :)
Well, I do feel better. I don't think I'll ever become totally fashion reformed though, I really need a personal shopper!
Post a Comment