Fall

Monday, March 2, 2009

Savannah and snow

It was quite a Georgia weekend. Kristi and I started it off with a business trip to Savannah on Friday, so we could go to a wild game dinner and fundraiser for the Bamboo Farm and Coastal Gardens. We had quail, venesen, and venesen chili. I hadn't had any of those before, so it was interesting. The chili was good. Kristi and her boss attended to talk with some potential donors.
Before the dinner, though, we toured Savannah and the cobblestone downtown streets.
The rest of the weekend turned into a winter wonderland, thanks to six inches of snow falling on Northeast Georgia (and Upstate SC), which closed just about everything on Monday. We made a snowman, and snow angels, and enjoyed the wet snow, which made for perfect snowman ingredients.


A tree in Kristi's patio area.


You better duck!
Sunset over a strawberry patch in Savannah
One of 250 Camellias at the farm.
A personal three-generation Iris collection

Think the Georgia Queen could race the Belle of Louisville?
In downtown Savannah.

3 comments:

Laura Bridges said...

Does this post mean that the power is back on? Glad you got some good pics of the snow, I'm sure it'll be a long time before that much falls again down there. AJB is sorry that he missed the wild game dinner!

Grace Halsey said...

What a great weekend! Should I send some raisins in a care package so that cute snowman can have a face? :)

Anonymous said...

What a sad state of affaire -----snowed in at your girlfriends house!!!! Glad you were able to make the most of a "bad" situation!! Seriously, I was relieved to hear you got back to Anderson safely.You know, I don't need something else to worry about.