Fall

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Closet cleaning







All you regular blog readers can get off of your high horse. I’m back in the posting business.
Thanks to assists from Polk and Kristi, who else?, I had a little closet cleaning partay on Sunday afternoon, with help from Ms. Hughes.
Whatever you naysayers might say, I do a general cleaning about once a year. This time, I got rid of four full trash bags that will be traveling to Goodwill this week. (The tax write off is $209. Hat tip to Pops).
Of course, we found several goodies from the hockey days. Among the “yellowed” T-shirts, with mostly cutoff sleeves so I could wear them under my hockey equipment, were these treasures. “Give blood, play hockey.” “Hockey is everything, nothing else matters.” And one of my favorites was a sweatshirt from a northern Kentucky tournament that had a chicken bucket full of pucks. “No chicken, just biscuits.”
As always, it was one of those moments that Clef, Ruthie and Polk would LOVE to have a hidden camera, or a sit-com director to document this “little brother” moment.
For your reading pleasure, here’s a run-down of the downsizing.
A trash bag full of plain “off-white” T-shirts.
12 button down collared shirts
9 short sleeve polo shirts
1 hat
6 pairs of pants
9 printed T-shirts
1 pair of shoes
8 sweat shirts/sweaters
7 pairs of shorts
1 fleece vest
1 hanging bag
1 answering machine
1 shoe bag
2 neck ties
And as the pictures suggest, yes, you can walk in the walk-in closet again. Kristi even mentioned getting wooden hangars to upgrade the closet even further.
Check back in the spring for a more traditional cleaning/organizing timeline.

4 comments:

Laura Bridges said...

I am so impressed! But, I do hope you kept at least an old t-shirt or two that we can still tease you about ;-)

Grace Halsey said...

Yes, very impressive! Now you can enjoy the Christmas holiday without the messy closet interfering! :) Glad you had a little encouragement and assistance for such a big project. And, it's always nice to be reminded of the high fashion you sported for so many years!

Polk said...

Wow! It's hard to believe!! Glad you had pictures to document this event.

John Oliver Farner said...

I still don't believe that you tackled the closet! Jeeze, Luise!! "Pops"!!!