Fall

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Happy Day, Hannah!

On March 4 Hannah turned 2! And, woke up with a low grade temperature and the beginning of seriously cutting her two year molars. The timing! She was kind of puny on her birthday and the day after but started to feel better on Saturday, the day of her party.

On Thursday evening (her actual birthday) we enjoyed some gourmet cupcakes in celebration of our Hannah Kay Cupcake. I think we need to be careful with these nicknames...recently Mom found out that Abigail thought Hannah's last name was Cupcake!
Here she is with two candles in her strawberry shortcake cupcake from The Flying Cupcake bakery in Broad Ripple (near my office). It was a gorgeous spring day, so different from the ice and snow storm we had the day she was born.


Family gifts: a Mega Blocks wagon (full of blocks) and a set of Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends trains that are constantly running around the kitchen.
Party Day! It was so nice outside that half the party was outdoors! But, some leftover snow was sticking around so the girls decided to take matters into their own hands with a couple of sand box shovels. I'm not here to report how much progress was made, only that they tried! On the porch L to R: Ashley and Mike Brown, Aunt Amy (sitting), Polk.



The cake! Accompanied by chocolate ice cream and a DQ ice cream cake that "Papaw Brown" (our neighbor and husband of Abigail's first full time babysitter) brought. He brings one to each party :-)





Presents!! Hannah got several fun toys (some for the bath, which have been a big hit), puzzles, lots of adorable clothes, the cutest bathing suit I've ever seen, a McDonald's gift card and her very own purse. Plus, a quilt for her big girl bed (someday).




Thanks to Aunt Dawn for playing "photographer for a day!" She got so many cute pictures of Hannah hugging everyone, it would take forever to post them all. I can't wait to use them in next year's calendar.



Happy 2nd Birthday, Hannah! We love you!!






5 comments:

Stuart said...

Sad we missed it!! The cake looked amazing. You couldn't tell Hannah was puny, she looked so cute:0)

Pops said...

I love our cute little "Cupcake"!
She is most adorable!!

Are we blessed or what?

Love,

"Pops"

Grace Halsey said...

What a sweet birthday girl! Your cake looks great and the tablecloth was cute to go with it. I'm so glad she felt better for her party!

Anonymous said...

If only you could somehow convey the cute personality that goes with the adorable pictures!! Next time you could have her dictate the blog entry to you so everyone would know how verbal she is. That's my Cupcake!!!!!!!!!!

Keith said...

I think we need to look into that toddler modeling career she has ahead of her. By the way, in that picture of her holding up a book/gift, she really reminded me of pictures of Gracie at that age. I had to do a double take!