As many of you know, Kristi and I have had quite an exciting and action-packed fall. But the biggest trip/event was this week when we flew to
The trip began in
He took me on a quick tour around Sunset Blvd. and we made a stop at a bar that supposedly has the best wings in the city. We reminisced old
Monday morning we got up and headed to the
We worked up enough of an appetite to try the famous West Coast staple of In N Out Burger, a fast food chain famous for non-frozen hand-pattied burgers and hand-cut fries. Plus, you’ll be relieved to know, I got a double-double cheeseburger animal style, with fries and a strawberry shake for $6.50.
Monday night, Jon and I drove to Meagan’s and met several of Meagan, Matt’s (her husband) and Kristi’s friends. We had nice conversation (and Monday night football) over spaghetti, salad, beer and wine.
Tuesday, Kristi and I gave Meagan some mother’s day out time when we took
Tuesday night we ate at a Mexican restaurant, which is quite different from the Southern or Midwest Mexican restaurants. There was homemade salsa made daily with big chunks of tomatoes, peppers, onions, and burritos as big as footballs (I don't know why there has to be a football reference in nearly every post). And Matt said the salsa wasn’t even up to par.
Wednesday we returned to the airport, and made it back to Anderson/Athens area 12 hours later in the wee hours of Thursday morning.
So all in all it was a really fun trip. The SoCal weather was as advertised, and the best part is we still like each other after 10-plus hours in planes, and several more on various rapid transit vehicles.
Above the Hollywood sign overlooking greater L.A.

Overlooking the Hollywood hills
Somewhere between The San Fernando Valley and Beverly Hills, I believe
Approaching the Hollywood sign
In a rocking chair outside the dining hall at Camp Mikell
6 comments:
I can't believe we didn't take any pictures together in CA! I am very disappointed in myself.
Summed up quite well there, Uncle Keith! I'm a little disappointed that you didn't enjoy a change of pace by trying a hip sushi bar, though--come on, live a little!
Glad you had such a fun trip. :)
Gracie is right, wings and Mexican everywhere you go! Glad to hear California was fun but I'm sure it's not as hip as Indiana..haha! You need to bring Kristi here, next :-)
Meagan saved the day! Check out her blog for pictures of us on the trip.
http://www.watchmadisongrow.blogspot.com/
You two are so photogenic together! Can we call you Uncle Donkey from now on?? Just teasin'!
A guy tries to be nice and play with a 2-year-old and a manger scene, and it turns into this! :o) I think I'm a magnet for nicknames. But, I just realized, I've got another voter for the 2009 Uncle of the Year race! Oh yea. Bring on the challengers.
Post a Comment