At long last, I am posting our favorite pictures from the holidays! Both kids have pink eye, so the three of us are home from church this morning. We had a miniature, kid-friendly, couch-style worship time (!), then we made some cinnamon/sugar pretzel twists using some of our baking tools from Keith & Kristi, and now the kids are playing with "Halseyville" (miniature town made by Mom--last picture above) while I steal some computer time.
Our trip began on Christmas morning when we piled in a very full van and drove all day to Franklin, IN to visit with Mom and Dad, Keith and the Bridges. It was great to see Mom and Dad's new house! The house is perfect for them, in great shape and uniquely decorated. I was very glad to see Mom so happy! We enjoyed yummy meals and opening presents with them over the next couple of days. As I already stated, we have all really enjoyed our special gifts from them, including all the gourmet food from Aunt Ruthie and family. I got to use my "reusable" shopping bags on Friday when we went on a trip to Aldi's (not sure how it looks to be toting bags from "Fresh Market" in Aldi's, but who says that high-end shoppers can't be budget savvy, too? :)
After an exciting visit to the Indianapolis Children's Museum on Saturday, we drove the last leg of our northward journey and arrived at Andy's parents house before dinner time (a first!). Our visit with them was wonderful as usual and the kids' have enjoyed their big present (the easel, pictured above) along with all the little ones. We were so glad to visit with all the Indiana relatives who were in town while we were there. Also during our Angola stay, we ventured out to Fort Wayne (the big city), Shipshewana (Amish country) and Andy and I enjoyed dinner out by ourselves on New Year's Eve! We also celebrated his birthday with more yummy food, some tricky candles and trying out his new GPS. Unfortunately, we didn't get much snow during our visit. We were a little disappointed, but we hear that you're making up for it now! :)
Since we've been home we have recovered from our colds (hope you have, too!), taken down all Christmas decorations, found new homes for our new toys, delivered a van load of stuff to charity and enjoyed our "normal" routine. I am still experiencing some grief-induced down times even though it's been two months since we lost Asher, but am trying to focus on the hope that God has given us.
Thanks to everyone who hosted us on our trip, showered us with gifts and food and prayed for us through the Christmas season. Even though we don't live close to our family, we cherish these visits to reconnect and see for ourselves how and what everyone is doing.
Happy New Year!
1 comment:
You got some great pictures! Sorry to hear about the pink eye, I hope it heals quickly. Talk to you soon!
Love,
Ruthie
Post a Comment