Then we went to the UK-Georgia game (68-45 Big Blue) on Sunday after church.
Monday, we watched our first hockey game together, the Gwinnett Gladiators taking on the South Carolina Stingrays (from Charleston). It was a great game, and reminded me a lot of the ol' Icehawks and Riverfrogs days in Broadbent. Gwinnett won 2-1 behind 41 saves from its goalie, just down from the AHL affiliate. And there were two fights.
Later that day, we watched the perennial national power Georgia Gym Dawgs (gymnastics team). It was my first non-Olympics gymnastics meet. It was also a pink out to to raise money and awareness for breast cancer.
Another action-packed weekend, I know. At least this weekend, we're only going to meet one of Kristi's former co-workers and his wife for drinks, then go to dinner with the group for Kylie's birthday.

5 comments:
Wow! Sounds like a lot of fun! Were there any Vera Bradley toting/gentle looking hockey moms rooting the players on during the fights? (That's a memory I have from the Icehawks!) And, did YOU wear pink for the pink out? :) It's fun to finally see pictures of your Anderson friends that we've heard so much about. Hopefully we'll get to catch up soon!
So, what have you told Kristi about the 'ol hockey days? Stinky feet and hockey bag, dad's fingers cracked open from tying skates, freezing cold rinks, and fighting to defend your goalie? You also had the rosters of all of your pro teams memorized...but that definitely wouldn't surprise her. Glad to see pictures of your friends that we hear so much about!
And don't forget Mom, Laura and I taking turns playing "basement hockey" with you!
Typical Kris with the crooked lettering. Gotta love her heart! That's why she's by BFF. I was sad to see you didn't wear pink, Uncle Donkey. Madison and Kennedy are anxious to play again soon. We'll have to work on that...
No, I haven't enlightened Kristi about the hockey days. I figured you all could be more colorful about the stinky feet and bag. I guess we could sum it all up for her with a viewing of Thanksgiving '92.
And Meagan, I would wear pink, because I'm manly like that, but it clashes a bit too much with the ol' carrot top. Aren't Madison and Kennedy coming to the Southeast soon? Uncle Donkey will be sure to dust off his playground skillz.
Post a Comment