Fall

Thursday, January 29, 2009

How we spent our snow day!







Since the girls and I were home all day yesterday I wanted us to all have fun and enjoy our unexpected 'snow day.' The snow (see post below) continued falling most of the day and except for a brief trip out to play, we were inside the warm house.

What better day to try out the baking items that we got from Uncle Keith for Christmas? We made sugar cookies with purple and yellow icing. When they were done I was really questioning the icing colors, but they were chosen by my apprentice baker. She loved the whole process, as she usually does when she 'helps' me cook. The trick is, Abigail still needs to learn that you're really not supposed to lick your fingers, the cookies, the spoon, etc. all through the process! When I caught her sampling straight sugar, it was time to get down from the counter.
Don't worry, Hannah had a snowy day activity, too! See that empty shelf? And all of the books scattered on the floor in front of it? She LOVES doing this and when every last book is on the floor she grins at me very proudly. Such a thorough little girl!

3 comments:

Keith said...

Sounds like you three had a blast yesterday. That's the only thing I miss about living in the South is snow days. Of course, I don't want to volunteer to shovel the driveway, or scrape the cars, just enjoy the snowballs, cookies, etc. Around lunch time yesterday, it was 50 degrees and raining here. Sure, it's no freezing power lines or falling trees, but it's not much of a winter either.

Grace Halsey said...

Throw in some green icing and Abbs is ready to take those cookies to Mardi Gras! You should make a few snowballs and save them in your freezer to have snowball fun in the summer. :)

Laura Bridges said...

Ooooh, that's a good idea! There's still plenty of snow left, maybe we'll do that tonight.