Fall

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Baking Day

Since we are enjoying an easy schedule these days, I decided to use today to stock up the freezer with our favorite breakfast/snack foods to have on hand when things get busier, as they always do! My little helpers enjoyed pitching in and using some of their Christmas gifts from the folks at K & K Cafe.  :) We made whole wheat bread, waffles, Mom's banana bread (in a bunch of mini loaves), gingerbread muffins and granola. Since we're not morning people, these will come in handy!




Yum, Yum, Ya'll Come!!!

5 comments:

Laura Bridges said...

I really like the second picture! And how about that 2 tier cooling rack, hmmmm I think one of those might be on my birthday list next year. Looks like you all had fun and everything sounds yummy :-)

Erin said...

I can't believe you did all of that baking in one day! That looks so yummy and gingerbread muffins sound especially delicious. I have never made gingerbread.

Anonymous said...

Can I come over for breakfast?? That's a fun thing to do with the kids! Liam would want to eat everything right away though. :)

Anonymous said...

Really cute pictures of Clara and Ben!!

Grace Halsey said...

Thanks, everyone! They love helping with everything...so I try to let them. :) But, I have to admit that the bread machine helped me with the first loaf of bread and I did the granola without their help. Here is the gingerbread muffin recipe, if anyone wants to try it:

2 cups whole wheat flour
2 t. baking powder
2 t. ground ginger
1 t. cinnamon
¼ t. salt
¼ t. cloves
2 eggs
¾ cup milk
¼ cup melted butter
¼ cup molasses
¼ cup honey
Mix together dry ingredients. Make a “well” in the center and add eggs, milk, butter, molasses
and honey. Stir until ingredients are just mixed.
Fill paper-lined muffin cups about half full. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.