Fall

Monday, March 2, 2009

Weekend in Review


Guess it's my turn! Our weekend began on Friday (Andy's day off) when we went to Southaven, MS (a suburb of Memphis about an hour north of us) to do our monthly shopping trip. We made it to five stores and home in time for dinner! Below, the kids are having fun at Sam's Club. We all feel tiny walking around that store!

On Saturday, Andy built an awesome fire that lasted all day (even using some wet logs)! We mostly stayed inside since it was cold and prepared for Sunday. I practiced piano since I subbed for the church pianist on Sunday. The kids especially enjoyed breaking in their new bean bag chairs that we picked up at Wal-Mart the day before!
And on Sunday morning...we awoke to SNOW!!! We didn't get nearly as much as Keith and Kristi did, but a little dusting still makes us excited! This is our 3rd year in Charleston and each year we've had a snowfall like this one at this time of year--just after the daffodils and pear trees bloom!

And now we're back to Monday which means: reading & writing, stories, legos, dressing up, laundry & ironing, painting...and that was just this morning!

3 comments:

Keith said...

It's been a long time since I enjoyed a nice fire. I had no idea a reminder of it would be in Mississippi. Ben's boots look cool. Do they come in a 13?

Laura Bridges said...

I can't believe your daffodils are blooming, excuse me, I have to go weep. It was 18 degrees on my way to work this morning! The fire does look very cozy and I'm glad you all got at least a little snow to enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are keeping up the piano some. Gram would be proud.