



Since this was the first weekend I had complete free (except or Friday night), it was chock full of entertainment options.
On Saturday, Kristi and I went to the 5th annual Crawfish Boil at Nick and Heidi's new house. Heidi, a Louisiana native, has had this event since she moved to Anderson. Most of her family comes from the bayou, and this year was the biggest turnout, some 30-40 people. We dominated 200 pounds of crawfish and fresh shrimp, both of which were less than three days from the water. Since this was my third crawfish boil, I'm sort of used to eating crawfish, but it was Kristi's first. She's a seafood veteran, though, from visiting her dad in Annapolis, Md.
On Sunday, Rob and I met in Charlotte for our third annual trek to the Coca-Cola 600, the longest race on the NASCAR schedule. Rain, though, got in the way, for TWO DAYS. There was a delay on Sunday night to hopefully dry the track with several jet driers on trucks, but more rain came, so it was "poponed" until noon on Monday. More rain came, but they were able to complete 227 laps, which was just more than halfway of the 400 lap, 600 mile race. In all, we spent 12 hours at the track, endured five rain delays, but still had a pretty good time considering the conditions.
4 comments:
I'm going on on a limb here to guess that you were the one & only NASCAR fan wearing a Calloway golf hat??? Sorry to hear the race was 'poponed' (good reference, btw) and then never finished. Also, good to know you've got a girl who likes seafood as much as you do!
Great blog entry to catch us up on all the activities. I can't imagine eating those crayfish, but then you all know about my aversion to exoskeletons. Seems like yesterday that Bonnet was running around Lyndon Rec. informing everyone that the games were "poponed". He was the cutest little redhead ever!!
I'm glad I could enjoy the food and not the racing or lack of racing part! Kristi
I hope nobody's holding their breath until I do a car racing post! :)
Nice recap! I'm glad you had a great time and were able to catch up with Rob. Crawfish boils are one of those southern traditions that I have yet to really love, but Andy likes them. The taste is good, if you can get past the mess!
Post a Comment