Fall

Thursday, May 21, 2009

More Quotables

Today, just after the afternoon rest time, Clara came up to me and said:
"I didn't have a very good quiet time."
Me: "Oh, why not?"
Clara: "Because I broke my kitchen."
Me: "Oh no! What happened?"
Clara: "I put my elbow on it and it crashed and broke. Then I cried and cried, sang a song, and then I fixed it."
Me: "So, it's fixed now?"
Clara: "Yep!"

* * * * * * * *

After breakfast yesterday morning, Clara began to take my next meal order on a piece of scrap paper. I told her that I'd like soup & sandwich with tea and that I'd be back to have them after I finished the dishes. When I went into the back room, she had prepared a lovely meal with odds and ends of toys (not all dishes) and she was wearing Andy's bathrobe from childhood with a ribbon tied around it. I asked her if this was her restaurant and she said:
"Well, yes, it is a restaurant, but you can also buy things here." 
So, I said, "Oh, it sounds like Cracker Barrell."
Her reply was: "No, not really because it's more organized, not tiny little walkways that are hard to see." (!!)
Then, she handed me a miniature plate with a piece of cardboard on it and said "Here's your cookie!"
So, I said "Oh, thank you, did you make these?"
And she said: "No, a truck just comes by every now and then and drops them off here."

* * * * * * * *

And a few days ago, as both kids were working on some things at the dining room table, I said:
"How's it coming?"
Clara: "Not very well, because I just want to sing!" And then she belted out a newly made up song. :)

2 comments:

Laura Bridges said...

I never get tired of hearing these! Clara is so observant, Cracker Barrel is a little disorganized, but I still like it.

KTElltt said...

This sounds SO MUCH like Addie right now! She makes up songs and takes orders left and right, AND brings me random things on saucers informing me of what meal I'll be having...