Clara is playing basketball this year for the first time! The Church of God in Charleston has coordinated an Upwards program to make good use of their new family life center and we are excited to participate. Andy is coaching and has four players on his team, Clara included. She's the only girl in her age group, although there are lots of girls in the older divisions. Their first game was on Saturday morning and Clara did really well! I didn't know what to expect because, even though we've played some at our church, she hasn't been at this for very long. But, she hung in there with all those boys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I liked that bunched scrum of a defense, really seemed to confuse the opponent's point guard. I'm proud to be related to that tenacious on-the-ball defender. If only I were there, I'd let the refs know if they were having a good game or not, haha.
Seriously, we should play H-O-R-S-E this summer. Clara's on my team.
Since our girls haven't gotten into sports much yet, I love seeing these pictures! Cracks me up that they have cheerleaders, too! Go Clara!
Post a Comment