Fall

Thursday, February 18, 2010

How we're passing the time...waiting for the snow to melt

So, plenty of time in the house these days...and here's how we're passing the time!


Pete, our 7 year old Lab has been coming in for evening visits! Abigail loves it, Hannah is equal parts thrilled and terrified.
Pete loves me! He's a big softie but since he weighs about 80 lbs, most people don't believe me.

A dance marathon with crimped hair, wooohooo!


And of course, we spent several winter Sundays cheering on our Colts! What a Super season it was! So sad to see them lose in the big game but we had a ball cheering them on. For all of the playoff games and the Super Bowl, our friends The Browns came over to watch with us. Krista and Abigail have been friends since Abigail was about 3 months old and Krista was almost two. They are such good buddies! In the picture above they're snackin' it up during the Super Bowl.




Not pictured but also fun:
Abigail wore all of her clothes backward one day and informed me that it was 'backwards day.'
Hannah has gotten better and better at using the potty, plus she now has some teeny little bangs after her first mini haircut. Don't get excited, she was sitting on the bathroom counter and I trimmed them.
Our church group made Valentines for shut ins, that was at another family's house on the first bad night of snow. Thank goodness another family followed the girls and I home (Andy was at work) because the driving conditions were the worst I've ever faced, by far. The party was fun, though!
Play toys; pick them up. Play toys; pick them up...actually I'm getting a little tired of this one!

The long winter is surely almost over, but we're keeping busy even when it's too cold to play outside. Though there's been plenty of that, too!



4 comments:

Polk said...

Two posts in one day??? Maybe another snow weather activity is blog posting!! It's nice for the rest of us with cabin fever to have some reading material.

Pops said...

I love your posts! Nice lookin' cake!! How was it?

Just got back from letting Dr. Baker's office take my blood. I will see him at 11:00 am Monday, for a review.

Love, Pops

Grace Halsey said...

Great pictures! Have you showed Abigail any of your crimped hair pictures? :) The cake looks yummy--wish we could've sampled some!

Keith said...

Looks great! Maybe we need to look into that southern vacation home more. You know, it was in the mid-60s down here today. But I hate rubbing things in, you know, so I won't. =)