Fall

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Greetings from the Great White North!

Since my brother and sister live in the south (South Carolina and Mississippi), this time of the year I start to turn pretty green with envy of their mild winters. They've had some pretty cold days down there this year but somehow I'd still take their winter months over ours any day! I keep telling Andy we need to move to Arizona or something...I hate being cold. And I don't just throw that hate word around. It's cold. We have a LOT of snow on the ground and most of it just isn't going anywhere. To be more specific, we've gotten 31 inches of snow in Shelby County in an eleven day time period. Temperatures lately have been around 10 degrees below normal so it's pretty tough on the little ones who really want to play in the snow.
So Southerners, here's what you're missing!

Has anyone seen 'A Christmas Story?' Just wondering if you see the resemblance between Hannah and the main character.

My husband, hot doggin' in the snow drifts in our front yard! I wanted to ride along but hey, someone has to watch the kids. A few weeks ago we rode the four wheeler through the snow to a party with our church group. SO COLD but also, so much FUN!!

Here's a shot from last night when we went driving around because Andy wanted to check out the county road conditions. We are so, so thankful to have 4 wheel drive! I worked from home a day here and there but many days, I had to have 4x4 just to make it out of our driveway and up our road, which both drifted badly overnight. Then, the more major roads were much better.


And what do they do with all that snow? Actually, we're starting to wonder. The weather forecast is calling for 8 more inches Sunday or Monday. God give us strength to make it through another week of Andy working nights and getting little sleep! He's exhausted, the girls and I miss him and I've gotten pretty familiar with how it feels to be a single parent. It stinks! I like to think it's almost over but then I remember that when Hannah was born (March 4) there was a big ice storm that year. We're trying to be patient, we know spring will come soon!




2 comments:

Polk said...

Wow! The pictures are amazing. Since I haven't been to your house for a long time, I couldn't believe how much more snow is out there than in town.

Grace Halsey said...

This is incredible! We DO have sympathy for you and totally understand your trip to Nashville last weekend. :) It looks like you're making the best of it and giving the girls some sweet memories, too. Riding to a friend's house on a 4 wheeler in the snow sounds really fun!