~ At bedtime, Hannah and I sit on her bed to read stories. A few nights ago she got there before me and when I walked in, she said, "Hi Mama, have a seat!"
~ When Abigail is happy or excited or in disbelief about something, she'll exclaim, "Mommy, can you can't believe that ...." Cracks me up, but I answer seriously every time. She's getting old enough to hear me trying to cover up a chuckle :-(
~ For months, if Hannah was nervous or unsure of something, she would look at me hopefully and ask, "Coming Mommy????" and if I didn't answer right away, she'd just keep asking. Tugging on my hand the whole time. I can't lie, it kind of bugged me that she wanted me to go with her everywhere. But now I sadly report that she has outgrown (somewhat) her need to be attached to me so often. And, I kind of miss it.
~ Abigail is getting to be an expert Gator driver! Not long ago she learned to back up and steer while doing so. We didn't realize she'd been working on it but she was thrilled to have figured it out! Hannah is her constant passenger and they look like two peas in a pod on that thing! What a wonderful hand-me-down from Mom's friend in Louisville. Her grandkids had outgrown it and we are making full use of it.
~If Hannah is in the house barefoot and wants to go outside, she will ask if it's okay to go out "in her toes." Our guideline is that it is fine to be on the porch "in her toes" but beyond that, she needs to wear shoes.
~ Abigail is very faithful about checking on the garden and flower beds regularly, not long ago she told me that the corn looked "awfully nice." Corn on the cob is one of her absolute favorite foods, she's been known to eat three ears in one sitting and ask for leftovers later on.
~ As soon as the last person's bottom hits their chair at the supper table, Hannah is announcing loudly, "Ooooooh, we need to say we prayer." So, we do. I love that she reminds us and Abigail normally leads the prayer. She also works out the seating arrangements by saying she wants to sit "next by" whomever. Things are not located beside something, but "by-side" something. Cute!
~ With Keith and Kristi's upcoming wedding, Abigail is very engaged in talking about aunts and uncles, counting how many she has of each. We are so excited to welcome Uncle Keith and soon to be Aunt Kristi tomorrow night! Andy and the girls and I are so lucky to spend lots of time with Andy's family and with my Mom and Dad, but we mostly keep in touch with the southern relatives by phone and email. It will be great to have them here!
To wrap up the post, here are two of my favorite recent pictures of the girls:
Hannah Kay: 2 years, 4 months
3 comments:
Kids say the darnedest! I'll have to record some if these and hope I get to sit by-side somebody soon!
So cute! I love the "in my toes" question! And, I knew Abigail would master that gator right away, hopefully Benjamin will be able to be a good passenger on our next visit. :)
Wow!! I can't believe I had missed this post!!I guess I am so used to hearing them say these things that I don't even notice. Guess we should write all of them down.
Post a Comment