Fall

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Extreme Makeover: Athens edition


Now that the hustle and bustle of the post-wedding weeks has settled down, and the piles have been sorted (for the most part) let's show all of our out-of-town friends what the new look is around here.

A big shout out goes to our interior design consultant, Ansley Stewart, who has an eye for chic, modern and hip fashion digs. You might call her a fashionista. Mrs. K calls her the go-to lady when it comes to rearranging, or redesigning a room.

Below are the new looks to the abode, with, against all odds, ol' Uncle Bucket's contribution being the giant vase between the front windows filled with brown and red balls. That's right, I don't dose through ALL of those HGTV shows. I took notes at least once.

Finally, the vocab word I learned from all of this? Valance.

To my surprise, it's not a town in Italy, it's a mini curtain. Add this to the list of pillow shams, duvets and chargers as my domestic education continues. (Go ahead, shake your head and chuckle, I know that's what you're doing.)










4 comments:

Meagan At Fairly Fabulous said...

Thanks for the tour! LOVE the new arrangement/design. Yeah for Ansley's help. I like the wedding corner with the shelves above. Oh- and kudos for your vase o'decorative balls. Nice touch!

Laura Bridges said...

Beautiful! I love the rug. One of our favorite past times around here is a room makeover. Now that you two are married, this is the great excitement in life ;-)

Polk said...

I must brag that I was one of the first house guests after the makeover was completed. And yes, it is just as nice in person. Not shown is a very nice sports room upstairs which doubles as a guest room when we visit and a lovely master bedroom with white chests and headboard. Good job, K &K and Ansley too.

Grace Halsey said...

Beautiful job! I love the rug and painting and am quite impressed by the vase full of balls (balls had to be in the decor somewhere!). The wedding pictures are awesome! Can't wait to see it in person someday!