Fall

Monday, July 14, 2008

What we've been up to lately...


















It's hard to believe it is the middle of July already! We ended June with a fun visit from Papa Ollie and Uncle Keith (see Uncle tour report below) along with a fun birthday celebration for me (thanks for all the cards and gifts!). Our July 4th weekend was celebrated in Little Rock, AR since I played in the ASO's Pops concert. We also enjoyed visiting some seminary friends who are planting a church north of Little Rock. Clara and her best friend, Denver, had a great view of the fireworks over the Arkansas River!


These are some pictures of the past couple of weeks. Clara took swimming lessons, finished her tee-ball season (and was very excited about the trophy!) and we also picked blueberries at a friend's house one morning. We are really looking forward to our visit up north where we'll see some friends and most of our family--just 2 weeks from now!

2 comments:

Laura Bridges said...

I'm just dying to know what Benj is playing with there on the kitchen floor. It looks an awful lot like the ends of green beans!

Grace Halsey said...

I WISH we had that many green beans to use from our garden! Actually, I gave him some dry split peas, the measuring scoop and a wooden spoon to play with while I worked in the kitchen one day and it occupied him for at least half an hour. He had so much fun! We did have a mess to clean up, but Clara liked using the big broom, so she did a lot of it. :) In one of the pictures, she is wearing a dress that I had worn that was on "Doe"--the life-size doll that Mom made. She just put it on one day and it fit perfectly! Maybe Abby will try that with your doll in a few years. :)