Wow, the summer is going by so fast! We have been really busy lately and I haven't posted in awhile. I'll try to add some pictures soon but here's a brief update on what we've been doing.
Mom (Polk) has been with us for most of the past two weeks, caring for Abigail and Hannah while our regular sitter is on vacation. The girls have really enjoyed the time with her and Andy and I always appreciate her help more than we can say! Mom has such fun and creative ideas for interacting with Abigail and I am often able to learn a new way to approach an ongoing debate with our determined Abbs! They have played outside a LOT and that includes the sandbox, kiddie pool, porch and garden. Most of all they play with and chase kittens!
Abigail ~ Our resident potty trainee is just about getting the hang of things. It takes a lot of patience from Andy and I (and Mom, lately!) but she's been successful more often than not. We're close to transitioning out of diapers completely when she's awake. Abigail loves playing outside and often eats her meals on her picnic table that sits outside the kitchen window on the front porch. She is saying new things all the time and constantly surprising us with things she has learned. Dance classes start next month!
Hannah ~ Hannah Kay does NOT like bottles! But, she is such a happy and compliant baby in every other way that we try not to worry much about this one sticky little issue. Jennifer (our regular babysitter) has no trouble with her, fortunately. Mom has gotten things down pat and we know Hannah certainly isn't starving! Hannah really wants to sit up and enjoys time in her "Bumbo" seat and swing. She smiles, coos, gurgles and blows bubles a whole lot lately and she even laughs out loud!
Andy ~ On Monday night Andy learned first hand that Abigail is not yet a fan of tractor pulls! He tried really hard to make this a neat daddy/daughter outing but she wasn't having it. Mom, Hannah and I picked her up from the Johnson County Fair after she'd seen only one tractor. But, we all went back last night and had a good time even though it was really hot! Andy has a new tractor at home that he is using for all kinds of projects. Most recently he updated a couple of flower beds with new landscape rock. It sure is nice to have such a handy husband!
Laura ~ My big project lately is managing the garden produce. So far I have canned 40 quarts of green beans and plan to do at least 10 more. This year Andy bedded our green beans in straw and it has made a huge difference because the beans are so much cleaner! The zucchini and squash are coming on now and I've been thinking ahead for fun recipes to use those in. Sweet corn is still about a week away. Onions are ready but I'd like to give them more time to get bigger. We'll dig them in about a month.
We had a really fun visit with Uncle Keith and Pops a couple of weeks ago. Abby now enjoys golf and baseball! Again, I know I need to add pictures of that stuff but gosh, the days go by so fast and it's hard to find time for everything! I can't believe Abigail will be 3 next week and Halseys will be here the week after that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment