Fall

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Funny Girls!

Kids are just so entertaining!

Almost every day one or both of the girls does something that just cracks us up. Usually we also stop and realize just how fast they are learning so much!

For her birthday, Abigail received two Little House on the Prairie books from the Halseys. She loves them and we read one or both at least once a day right now. In one of the books, Pa sings "Pop Goes the Weasel" and we sing it together as I/Andy read that page. So, I knew she was catching on to the song but last night during bath time I almost couldn't believe what I heard! For those who might not know, my dad is known to Abigail and Hannah as "Pops" and my mom is "Polk." Andy's mom and dad are "Papaw" or sometimes "Pappit" and "Grandma or Mamaw."

So, in the bathtub I overhear Abigail singing "Pops goes the weasel!" and then she goes "Polk goes the weasel!" I was about to burst, but I kept on listening...sure enough: "Papaw goes the weasel!" and "Grandma goes the weasel!" Pretty funny stuff.

This morning, on the way to the sitter's house, Hannah blew bubbles and raspberries, cooed pretty loudly, grabbed her toes, etc. She was having so much fun and I couldn't wait to get her out of the car and talk to her! So, I parked the car and was talking to my friend Kristin when Kristin looked in the back window and saw Hannah fast asleep. Guess all that bubble blowing really tuckers a girl out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job Gracie, Laura and Keith.
"Papa Ollie", aka "Pops" loves reading and seeing the images as they are updated.

Miss you all, "Polk" and "Maggie Mae". Today is the final day of three at the 37th Ryder Cup matches at Valhalla. I will be volunteering for the Ag Club Scholarship fund, from 1:45 until 5:30 pm. The conclusion of the twelve final, singles matches, probably won't be over until 7, then the closing ceremonies.
Love, Dad