Fall

Monday, October 13, 2008

Dawgs 26, Vols 14 (Sic 'em Dawgs)

With football weather settling in on the Southeast, Kristi and I made plans to tailgate and take in the Tennessee-Georgia game on Saturday. She was once again off the charts in the kitchen, cooking up a casserole of eggs, cheese, mushrooms, tomatoes etc., along with ham sandwiches made with apple cinnamon sauce and Swiss cheese. Ummm ummm! We set up at her usual tailgate with nearly a dozen friends and co-workers. Everyone chipped in with drinks, brownies, chips and dip, cake etc. We also played several games of Corn hole.

On the way to the game, we stopped at a couple of other tailgates to see more friends. This week for the Homecoming game against Vanderbilt, our focus is on North Campus because we didn't have enough time to see those peeps last weekend.

The game was pretty fun, although sloppy at times. The No. 10 Dawgs pulled it out and are 4-0 when Kristi and I watch them together in person or on TV. She made the Jumbotron 3 times! I'm so proud, Ha! :)

Our first date was the Central Michigan game, where we also made the Jumbotron, which set off a flurry of text messages and voicemails.

Our second date started out at a sports bar when they played the South Carolina Chickens.

Our fourth date was a sorority dance (yes, I cut a rug, I know you're jealous) with the game on in the back corner.

So since we have plans to go to the Vandy game together, the 'Dores should be in trouble. After the Tennessee game, we shared a garden burrito at a mexican restaurant (Uncle Keith has to keep up with his vegetables, so says Kristi), then went through a haunted house. (We made sure to avoid the chainsaw exhibit).

Other upcoming events include a jazz and BBQ event after the Vandy game ... a work Halloween party where we will dress (in homemade costumes we are sewing) as the Queen (me) and King (Kristi) in Alice in Wonderland. We're already discussing where to store our first place trophy for Best Costume. C'mon, we're a no doubt shoo-in.

So it's been a really fun five or so weeks. We've also enjoyed a picnic prepared by Uncle Keith (don't be shocked, you know I had picnic talents), sushi in Greenville, homemade paninnis by Athens' finest young chef, a 5K heart walk finished off by marianted salmon and steamed vegetables.

Here are some pictures from the Phi Mu 150th anniversary dance, and the Tennessee-Georgia game.






4 comments:

Megan said...

Kristi and Keith look like a perfect match!! I'm kind of jealous of all the great football you guys are getting to see right now:0)

Laura Bridges said...

Thanks for 'introducing' Kristi to the blog! This entry makes me hungry :-)
One question...do you really think it's fair to say 'we' are sewing the Halloween costumes? Hehehe. Oh, maybe you could tell her about the shorts you sewed that summer during Polk's domestic training series. And wait til this girl gets a load of your laundry skills!

Grace Halsey said...

Way to go, Uncle Keith Bonnet! It sounds like you are being spoiled rotten. :) At least she's exposing you to some music this weekend along with all that football!

Anonymous said...

Hi Bonnet,
Glad to see pictures of Kristi. I agree with Megan...looks like a great match. I seem to remember the domestic training series and the shorts you made that summer. Didn't we all make shorts then?? So you went to a Phi Mu dance? I was Phi Mu at Georgetown you know...Found a picture of you and I the other day...one of my faves....You were 13 months old but already the ham....Will forward via email when I can get Danish to scan it in....
Annu