Fall

Monday, October 6, 2008

A visit with friends...

Last week we had a really fun visit with Becky and Austin Richardson who drove up from Nashville, TN on Monday.
Austin and Hannah are both participating in a study on Type 1 Diabetes (which Becky and I both have). So, every six months he has to come up to have a check up with the doctor at Riley Hospital for Children. Austin turned one on Friday and has really grown up since we last saw him in May! He and Abby played together a lot this time (see him pushing her in the chair?) and we all had such a fun visit!
On Tuesday after the Riley visit we took a picnic lunch down to Apple Works in Trafalgar, IN. If you live in Central Indiana it is really worth a visit. It's primarily an apple orchard but there is also a picnic area, a small petting zoo and play equipment for the kids.
On Wednesday we went to the Edinburgh outlet mall and I was able to stock up on fall clothes that we all 4 needed. I'm sure some of the store employees thought we were crazy...two strollers and a baby in a backpack. But hey, Becky and I took turns shopping and wrangling babies and actually got a lot done! I can't think of many friends I'd want to attempt that with :-)
Having little kids means there is never a dull moment but thankfully, in the evenings, Andy, Becky and I were able to take a deep breath and enjoy a glass of wine and conversation. We are so thankful for a friendship that has lasted so long!

















1 comment:

Megan said...

Abby looks so big in these pictures. I can't believe how fast time is flying!!!