Fall

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Trick or treat

Tailgating before Tennessee-Georgia
checking out my "boobs"





While the sisters have not only bypassed Halloween, but also Thanksgiving apparently, leave it to the little brother to get the calendar in order. (As is my custom, I'll begin my holiday shopping trip(s) on Dec. 23/24, so make sure I have your wish lists by then. :-)

Kristi and I enjoyed a Saturday afternoon of Georgia-LSU football at her house (Dawgs won again, 6-0 when we watch them together) before assembling our costumes for her boss' costume party. If you can't tell, we went as the King (her) and Queen (me) of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland. We were one of the biggest hits of the party, which was mainly co-workers and some neighbors.

It was a chilly night in Northeast Georgia, so it was cool that Rob (her boss) and his wife have an outdoor fireplace on the patio in the backyard. We really enjoyed making smores in the fire!

Next weekend, she's coming to Anderson for a more extensive tour of the Electric City, and I might break out my culinary talents. Oh la la! There's also a little football game called Georgia-Florida that we'll probably tune in for. :) It's only got SEC implications, not to mention national title game impact.

2 comments:

Laura Bridges said...

I LOVE your costumes! Don't worry, we're doing Halloween, just not yet. Stay tuned for the lady bug and the 'pink princess.' We'll be dressing up Friday and Saturday, so I should have plenty of photo ops!

Grace Halsey said...

Very nice! Looks like you've got a capable seamstress to keep you in style. :) I'm glad you all had fun--how could you not be the hit of the party??!