Here are some funny/fun goings on at our house lately:
Last Thursday Abby (and Hannah, and Andy) had been home about half an hour when Abbs said, very fast, in a very excited voice, "Oh Mommy, I forgot to tell you, I'm so excited, A B B Y!" It took us a minute to realize that she was announcing that she knows how to spell her name! That is exciting, and we reacted appropriately :-) Have I mentioned that one of her favorite hobbies right now is typing out words (as we spell them for her) on her keyboard? It's a hand-me-down that doesn't work and it is definitely her favorite toy.
Hannah is about to crawl. Almost there, I'm telling ya, just not quite. She gets up on all fours and she reeeeaches and then gets a look on her face like "oh well," tucks her little head down and rolls over. Maybe next time, I just know that's what she's thinking! Since the ear infection cleared up she has been a happy little camper, thank goodness.
Andy has been hunting, a lot. Stop, I know that's terribly surprising to most of you. Really, I know you're shocked. Okay, maybe not really. Anyway, he's been taking our Beagles, Barney and Jake, rabbit hunting. They head out with any combination of Andy, his dad, his brother and our brother in law, Clint (who also has dogs). He's been taking Paige, a Walker Coon Hound, raccoon hunting. This takes place at night, in the woods. I fail to see the fun in this but, whatever. He has some friends at work who also hunt raccoons and just today made a new friend at the gas station (I swear, only my husband) who has gotten him the coveted permission to hunt the southern half of Camp Atterbury. This guy is in the army, as anyone with this special permission would have to be. Andy says he has a lot of medals.
For the first time, we are all participating in our church play. In fact, Andy is playing the lead role of Papa Morgan. I am playing a woman with a baby. Guess who Hannah is playing?! Abigail is an owl. Except that this week she didn't like the costume for the owl and therefore her future as the owl is uncertain. Oh well, she's only three, Broadway can wait.
My only recent news is probably boring to anyone who isn't either a mom or a grocery shopper. I have just joined 'The Grocery Game' and am anxious to see how well it works for me. You can see what it's all about at http://www.thegrocerygame.com/. As always, there is plenty of organizing, Christmas shopping, house cleaning and playing with the girls to keep me busy, so please don't make fun of my lack of personal hobbies. After all, Andy has enough hobbies for both of us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, La! I just love your blog because it's almost like I can hear you saying everything! I miss you!!
I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who realizes that it's okay to no longer have personal hobbies once you have kids....and Brad is like Andy, he definitely has enough for the both of us too!
We should really try to get together with Mans next month when I'm home for Christmas. I know it's a busy time of year, but it would be so much fun!
Polk wants to play the grocery game. She'll need to consult.
Post a Comment