It seems like Christmas was a very long time ago and here we are still posting about it! Sometimes when life throws ear infections, pulled muscles, a cough, Andy's all night shifts at work and lots of tuition bills my way I just remember, I don't have to get it all done today. In that spirit, the blog has been put off time and again since Christmas because there were more pressing concerns. Since we're all friends here I know that all of you will understand and love me anyway :-) Finally everyone is well (only 3 more days of antibiotic for Hannah) and we're trucking along, dreaming of spring. For the moment though, lets reflect on Christmas 2008, one last time:
Hot tea at the 'townhouse'
Siblings and kids...I really don't even remember Dad taking this picture!

The train exhibit at the Children's Museum

Cousins after their bath.

Giddyup horsie! Abigail wishes Uncle Keith lived closer for regular horseback rides.

Polk, Clara and Hannah. Hannah would like everyone to know that Clara is a very capable baby holder!

Christmas morning with the Bridges cousins. Hannah in the red, Gavin is to the left, McKenzie is in brown (facing Gavin) and Jacob is in the upper right corner.

Christmas morning delight! Hannah loves her octopus and the soft balls that go inside.

Christmas morning, Abby playing with her new computer (aka: compedier).
We hope everyone had as much fun this year as we did! It is always so hectic and busy, but as the kids grow, they're recognizing and remembering each other. A few days after Christmas, Abby even looked at me and said "So, how's Kristi today?" For those who might not know, we haven't yet gotten an opportunity to meet Kristi! We can't wait to meet her, of course, but this is just a clear example of how much these little people observe when we might not realize it. Almost daily Abby asks about all 8 of the cousins and we discuss what they might be doing. Family brings us so much joy and I am so pleased to see our kids joining in on the fun in their own ways.
Happy New Year!
P.S. How much longer until Ky Lake in June??? It's freezing up here!
3 comments:
Glad to see you got my better half on the horseback ride. The cousins' bath picture kind of looks like they got into Pops' single malt scotch. Ben's the only one who doesn't look dazed by the paparazzi's flash. And Hannah looks like she just found a hidden candy bar in her new toy. As for the sisters' picture, looks like you were plotting something with the ol' pink tape recorder behind the chair. Should I be worried?
OMG, the pink tape recorder! Way to pull one from ancient history, I am laughing out loud at my desk! Sorry about the butt shot ;-)
Ahhh...those were the days! We can bring Andy's voice recorder (that I used for the lullaby CD) to the KY cabins if a song in the shower needs to be recorded!
Great pictures, Ruthie! I like the one with us and the kids--even if we're a little travel weary!
Post a Comment