After work on Tuesday (I think, honestly we're losing track of what day it is!) Andy bought a sled for Abigail and Hannah. Yesterday we were home all day and while Hannah took her morning nap, Abbs and I bundled up to check out the snow. It was still really cold, about 20 degrees and very windy. The wind is always the wildcard at our house, it makes a cold day feel so much colder, especially when the snow is blowing in your face. I pulled the sled about 15 feet before Abby covered her face and said "Stop pulling me, it's windy and I'm cold. I wanna make a snowball." So we retreated to the garage where we stood inside the doorway, making snowballs. She loved the snow from a place with no wind! This weekend it is supposed to warm up so we're hoping to get both girls back out to play in the snow.


Last night while Andy caught some zzz's, I headed out to feed the dogs. I hardly ever do this but it was really nice to get out of the house for a few minutes, especially since the wind had calmed down. There was a beautiful sunset of crimson, orange and yellow and I was very thankful that I'd ventured out so that I could see it. The doggies were happy to see me and even happier once I broke the ice out of their water buckets :-)
The folks in Louisville are dealing with lots of ice, which they typically get when we get snow. Mom and Dad are fine but yesterday were without TV and internet. Considering all of the people without power I guess their situation was good. Already the meteorologists are cautioning us that we may get another big snow storm next week. I'm hoping they're wrong, my husband is so tired!
2 comments:
At least winter should be wrapping up in a month or so, maybe sooner, for AJB's sleeping routine. And for the most part, it's been a fairly mild winter up there as far as I can tell, at least in terms of snow.
Speaking of the Derby City, I never knew that'd be a hub of severe weather. It seems like every few months the AARPs are losing a tree or getting some kind of insurance claim. Maybe Abbs needs to move a little more south for the winter wind. She seems real tough in the summer heat, playing outside and all, but the winter seems to cut right through all of her bundled clothes.
Looks like a lot of fun! Your weather (and Mom & Dad's) has been amazing. We have been disappointed several times when our weather says there's a chance of snow and nothing comes. But, not having it does make life a little easier! You guys should visit US in the winter and we'll visit YOU in the summer! :)
Post a Comment