This is the first year that I participated in our local garden club's flower show and I thought I'd share some of the pictures! Our garden club is made up of about 30 lovely ladies who have been gardening and arranging flowers for decades. Yes, I'm the youngest member by far! But, I've so enjoyed being around them once a month and am hoping to learn a lot by being in the club. This was the first flower show I'd ever seen, so I appreciated some helpful advice in putting my arrangement together. The show was judged by people who came from other parts of Mississippi and from Memphis. There were six categories of arrangements along with an extensive horticulture section (that I didn't get pictures of).
Just a few of the arrangements in their "niches"
As I watched the ladies working with flowers from their own yards, I consoled myself by remembering that I actually do have some flowers growing in my yard that came from seeds! But they are wildflowers and no one used those!
My arrangement is on the right--made with flowers purchased from the local florist!
My category was the one with arrangements placed in a candlestick
(I didn't even know such an idea was possible!)
4 comments:
Gracie, your arrangement was lovely. Dobbie loved to go out in the country and gather wild things, esp.in the fall and make beautiful arrangements. She called them "fall bouquets".
Thanks, Polk! You and Dobbie have inspired me with your green thumbs and I'm hoping to get a little better myself. Actually, the main reason that I decided to join the garden club was because the lady who is president reminded me of Dobbie and even took it upon herself to call me Gracie, even though everyone else here calls me Grace--so it just seemed right.
Those are very interesting! Who could resist someone so much like Dobbie? I'm glad you're enjoying it and I think you're arrangement is very pretty!
Nice addition to your life. Flowers, especially wild and arranged by us are like us "helping God" beautify "our" World.
Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing!. Love, "Papa Ollie"
Post a Comment