We had such a great time watching the practice. Mom and I took it all in and tried to make sense of all the drills. Some of them were similar to soccer drills that I did in college but that feels like it was a century ago! Also, we could see the entire team and it is amazing to me how 99 players were all so organized. Dad, Clint, Mark and Andy obviously were more familiar with the game and football practices in general so it was interesting to overhear their observations. The weather was perfect and I'm very proud of the way my alma mater (and my in-laws!) hosted such a big event. Our family (Bridges side, especially) is full of Colts fans and we were so excited to see them in person! Oh and by the way Keith, AJB did NOT wear his Bob Sanders jersey, it was 'too hot!' But he did wear an FC shirt, so that counts for something, I guess!
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Franklin College Welcomes the Indianapolis Colts!
Saturday was a full squad practice for the Colts at Franklin College. Andy and I took Abigail, met mom and dad and walked from their house in Franklin. Hannah's a little young to be interested in the NFL...especially when it involves hours on bleachers! Larry and Sharon (Andy's parents) have been working very hard to prepare for the practice. Larry (below) was largely responsible for the event, he worked to have the field in perfect condition, extra bleachers brought in and all amenities available that the Colts had requested. Frankly, he's glad it's over!

Ben (who is painted on a regular basis) was dressed to welcome the team!
Peyton Manning, Quarterback, team captain, all around good guy.
Abigail (with Grandma Aggie) waving to Peyton. She didn't understand why he wouldn't wave back! Besides Grandma, Dawn, Marc, Mckenzie, Jacob, Susanna, Clint and Gavin were also there.
One of the new punters, if he makes the cut. He's also Polk's new favorite player, can you guess why?? An interesting connection is that Keith wrote a feature story about this guy (a UK alum) when he was an intern at the Lexington Herald Leader.
Dallas Clark, tight end. Another fan favorite.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Focusing on the fan favorites? So where's Joseph Addai, my boy, since he's so beloved at 1216?
And for anyone who cares, the infamous punter is Tim Masthay, a Murray, Ky. native who was an high school all-star practice at UK when I was in Lexington. Not to burst any bubbles, but I'd venture a guess that he's a long shot to make the team. Probably just in camp to give the other punters' legs a rest.
And I'm disappointed that Ruthie and Polk didn't break down the two-minute offense. Sigh.
Wow, that must've been fun! Thanks for sharing the great pictures. Do they do this every year or was it something new? I hope Larry had lots of help!
Post a Comment