Fall

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Cookin' Carl

Over the last several weeks, I've added some recipes to my repertoire and have looked for ways to be more of an expert with recipes I've mastered (making wing sauce from scratch, for example).
It's been a combination of trying to eat healthier and cheaper. Cooking for one forces a dilemma between preparation time, portion size and leftovers. I'm also looking for recipes, like soups, that can offer easy leftovers, or supply multiple meals.
So far, I've mastered wings, with an assist from Bruce, "easy chili" and taco soup, with assists from Polk, and tonight I made homemade pizza with spaghetti sauce, cheddar cheese and chicken.
Last weekend, Kristi found two recipes which are a bit on the advanced level: Lemony chicken (with lemon curds) and turkey and stuffin soup. I'll let you know how those go.





4 comments:

Laura Bridges said...

Yum! Gracie and I are all about cooking cheap, ya know. We must've gotten that from Mom ;-)

Grace Halsey said...

Now this post was a surprise!! Way to go! I'll see if I can come up with some recipes to send your way, though I can tell you're receiving ample inspiration. :)

Anonymous said...

Bonnet, it looks really great!!! I'll think of a few other choices you might like. Taking care of leftovers is a real key to saving money!

Johnny Boy! said...

Way to go "Bonnet"! Step aside Julia Child! "POPS"!!