Fall

Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Warm Start to Fall

Fall has been late arriving in Indiana this year. The early fall has given us the most gorgeous sunrises and sunsets so far and the early evening light is so nice. About a week or so ago the girls were playing outside after supper and the lighting was perfect, so I grabbed my camera and had some fun snapping pictures of them.


They giggled and laughed and slid and slid and slid down the slide. They climbed up the slide barefoot, because it was still warm enough for flip flops and they even slid down the slide together. Andy and I sat in the burnt to a crisp grass and watched them. The supper dishes were in the sink, the floor needed to be swept and so many other chores were on a list in the back of my mind but I sat and watched. Because that's really all the girls want me to do sometimes. It was so. much. fun!


There she goes!


Wishing we had monkey bars...maybe next year.



Giggles at the bottom, the best!



Always, maybe a little to eager to pose, but so pretty and sweet.


And sweetest of all, the hugs that they give on their own.

I've got plenty more pictures and posts to make, so as time allows this week I'll try to add more. Gracie and Keith, jump in anytime!

3 comments:

Grace Halsey said...

We are thinking about how to add monkey bars to our swingset, too! I'm glad you're still enjoying some outside time without having to wear all those layers.

Keith said...

Looking good! I can only imagine what kind of swingset paraphernalia the giggle sisters will have in 6-8 years.

Polk said...

The pictures are gorgeous!! You're getting pretty accomplished with that camera. By the way, the bars at Aunt Suzanna's park are Abb's favorite so she can show you th;ose any time!!