Here she is, snuggling with her pillow pet unicorn.
Sunday, February 6, 2011
My Sweet Pea
Babies are sweet and toddlers are funny. I think most everyone would agree on that. Recently though, we're learning how fascinating preschoolers can be! Abigail continues to have the sweetest spirit and thoughtful nature in our house, hands down. She asks lots and lots of questions and really wants to know the real answers. Watching her learn so much, so fast is just a ball for Andy and I. She has a remarkable memory and connects very quickly to people of all ages. Often she's more interested in what the adults at a gathering are doing than the children. Senior citizens are some of her favorite people! Her Sunday School teacher is a lady in her late seventies and Abigail just adores her. She loves to be a helper, especially when smaller children are involved.
Playing with baby dolls is still a favorite activity of hers. As is snuggling with anyone who will sit still. She reminds me of myself as a kid, in that way. Mom used to tell me that I was just like a tick because I had to be right up against her at every opportunity. It's payback time! Abigail has this plaintive way of asking to sit with/next to/on me that just makes me feel terrible if I have to say no to her. As sweet as she is, sometimes her long legs just can't be wrapped around me. You know, like while I'm driving, or eating, or cooking. I'm just being honest here. It's not out of the ordinary for us to be driving down the road when she'll tell me, "Mama, I want you."
Here she is, snuggling with her pillow pet unicorn.
Recently I corraled Hannah for a quick photo shoot, hoping to get a picture to use on her birthday invitations. Mission accomplished. But as I was snapping away and Hannah was silly as can be, Abigail changed into the dress she has decided she will wear on Easter this year. She was all too happy to pose for me. Her opinions about fashion are getting much more clear. They're pretty simple, actually. She can't stand socks, prefers boots or flip flops, gets mad about her "small foot" (the left, which was the club foot when she was born), doesn't like long sleeves and gets really angry when her pants won't stay "hitched up." Adjustable waist pants are a blessing to the parents of a kid without much of a derriere!
I just can't believe how big our girl is acting. She has learned the months of the year, is counting so much higher, loves to point out "the hardest workers" in the alphabet (vowels), demonstrates dance moves nonstop and understands texting, skyping, facebook and blogs. None of those even existed when I was her age! Phone calls are a hilarious thing to overhear, she tends to walk around while talking and is learning to dial pretty proficiently.
Here she is, snuggling with her pillow pet unicorn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
She is MY sweet pea!! Yes she does have the sweetest nature of any child I have ever known. She looks beautiful in her pretty plaid dress ---- so photogenic!!
What a sweet girl! I love the way she listens closely and makes everybody feel special.
Post a Comment