A couple of weeks ago, the Presbyterian Women at our church hosted their 2nd annual Ladies' Spring Tea. I love, love, love this event because it feels so much like the events at the church we grew up in. Ladies dress up, china patterns are prevalent and the church is full of women who enjoy each others' company and love the Lord. What a perfect Sunday afternoon! This year I hosted a table and enjoyed tea with Abigail and Hannah, plus mom, Andy's mom, Aunt Evelyn (Andy's great aunt) and Grandma Aggie (Andy's grandmother). We had a lovely time eating finger sandwiches and drinking tea together, even with a very tired Hannah in my lap. The program was hilarious, plus there was wonderful music by the family of a woman in our church with wonderful musical talent. I'm so fortunate that Andy's family truly feels like my own, and that the community we live in has come to truly be my home. Boggstown is a small place, but at our church we have some of the most wonderful friends and for that I am so very thankful. God takes us places for a reason, you know?
Anyway, I didn't take my camera to the tea, having been preoccupied with china and flowers. But the girls were so thrilled to be a little extra dressed up, that we had a mini photo session after church and before the tea.

At first I wasn't getting anything good. It was windy!

The sun was so bright!

But then, things started coming together.

And the girls were really cooperating.

From time to time though, you've gotta chase a cat! C'mere, Gravy!!

Focused once again...

More cat time. We truly have the two most patient, tolerant cats on God's green earth. Here, Biscuit is getting a once over.

And this happened, just as it was time to leave home for the tea. It only takes ten minutes to get to church from our house and Hannah was so tired, I was sure she'd fall asleep. She didn't. She needed to, though.

After the tea, my flowers were too pretty to pitch, so I brought them home for a lovely center piece on our kitchen table. We enjoyed them all week long and had gotten so many compliments on them at the tea that I smiled each time I walked through the kitchen and saw them.

Hooray for spring!! Hooray for tea!! Hooray for women who support and enjoy each other! And on this Easter weekend, Hooray for Jesus, who brings us altogether!! Not to mention the gorgeous blooms He created, too!
2 comments:
That is so sweet! Great pictures, as usual. I love their dresses! It sounds like a really nice event. Is that green leaf lettuce around the roses?
The centerpieces were GREAT!! Actually all the tables were beautiful and of course the girls were adorable!!
Post a Comment