Fall

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

What they say: What they mean

Let me know if you ever get tired of hearing how our kids amuse us. Seriously, one or both of them says something just about everyday that has us giggling. Here are some snippets, hope they make you smile!

Abigail – says 'zdaster' and means disaster

Hannah – “Mommy, are you gonna do those heel floppy things to church today?” = “Mommy, are you going to wear those sling back shoes to church today?”

Abigail – “After we get dressed, are we gonna hit the road, Jack?”

Abigail – (in Target) “Look Mom, there’s the iPods! Can I please have an iPod??? Please? I promise to give Hannah my Leapster.” For the record, her Leapster is a fun toy, but is almost three years old and getting scratched. And no, she’s not getting an iPod, at least not right now!

Hannah says 'warious' when something is really funny. She means hilarious.

Hannah – When one of us asks Hannah each morning if she’s been to the bathroom yet she always replies “I just went!” in a very confident way. “When?” We persist. Her response, “I just went last night before bed so I don’t need to go now!”

Abigail – has finally stopped describing everything in the past as “Yesterday” or “Yesterday, a long time ago.” We kind of miss that one, it was around for a long time.

We’ve been really into the success of the Butler men’s basketball team! I went to a small college and love to see the small school win big. Plus it’s great to see The Butler Way, of academic emphasis and team spirit be shown to a national audience. On Saturday evening the tipoff of the Final Four game, Butler vs. VCU was at 6pm. Perfect for the girls to watch and even better, Butler won! I brought home color pictures of Blue II, the Butler mascot and we cut them out for the girls to hold as masks, or wave in the air when they cheered. They loved them! But the confusion of Blue the Bulldog lead Hannah to cheer all evening for “The Butler Bluedogs.” Cute.

On Tuesday, after the big game on Monday night, I had to tell the girls that Butler lost. About ten minutes later I walked back into their room to check on the progress they were making with getting dressed. Abigail punched her pillow and said “Darn It!” when I asked why she was so upset she said it was because “Butler loosed the game. I mean, they didn’t win!”

Hannah is wearing flowered flat/slip on shoes today. Last night she was going out to feed the cats and I told her she could just pull on her flowered flats instead of bothering with tennis shoes, shoe strings, etc. Clearly I need to speak more clearly. This morning she told Polk that she was wearing “flowered flaps.”

That's all for now, plenty more to come, I'm sure. Everyone tells me I need to write these things down to look back at when they're older. Instead, I put them on the blog because that's more fun!

4 comments:

Keith said...

The Butler Bluedogs was warious, but their shooting on Monday was a zdaster.

Polk said...

I actually bought a book to record things they say but guess what---- I've been too busy playing with them to write stuff down. The book became my garden diary!!

Grace Halsey said...

They are all so funny! I like the obvious interest in footwear. :) Benji just told me this morning that he had to email Sam-I-Am to tell him to feel better soon. Never a dull moment!

Unknown said...

Too cute - I just love those girls! Casey was always afraid of the giant tomato when storms came - took us forever to figure out she meant tornado!