Play, play, play in the sand.
And play in the sand some more!
Admire the flowers blooming in the yard and cut enough to make 18 bouquets for the kitchen table.

Big sisters become thoroughly exasperated when little sisters pick most of the tulips, only to leave them lying in the grass. She scooped them up and did her best to create more bouquets! Let's just say, I was running out of vases.

Remember how I said our cats were the most patient cats on earth? Well, here's some evidence. Abigail can easily pick them up and carry them. She's on a quest to help Hannah handle the cats gently. The cats, I'm sure, are hoping this "training program" wraps up soon.



And today, perhaps one of our most exciting spring happenings, t-ball started! I have no photos because I didn't want to be "that mom" at the very first practice. Oh, I'll get pictures eventually, don't worry. But I'm so proud of my girl's hustle, smile and effort and surprisingly, some athletic ability! My willowly, graceful dancer has a pretty good arm and is catching onto fielding pretty well, too. Today was fielding and playing catch. Friday will be batting practice and Abigail is stoked about it. She had so much fun at her first practice and watching her in the beginnings of learning a sport that I have loved playing for so long just makes my heart swell. My return to the game at any point is uncertain (thanks ankle, and the metal that now holds it together) but I can certainly play with her now and it is just plain fun!
Big sisters become thoroughly exasperated when little sisters pick most of the tulips, only to leave them lying in the grass. She scooped them up and did her best to create more bouquets! Let's just say, I was running out of vases.
Remember how I said our cats were the most patient cats on earth? Well, here's some evidence. Abigail can easily pick them up and carry them. She's on a quest to help Hannah handle the cats gently. The cats, I'm sure, are hoping this "training program" wraps up soon.
And today, perhaps one of our most exciting spring happenings, t-ball started! I have no photos because I didn't want to be "that mom" at the very first practice. Oh, I'll get pictures eventually, don't worry. But I'm so proud of my girl's hustle, smile and effort and surprisingly, some athletic ability! My willowly, graceful dancer has a pretty good arm and is catching onto fielding pretty well, too. Today was fielding and playing catch. Friday will be batting practice and Abigail is stoked about it. She had so much fun at her first practice and watching her in the beginnings of learning a sport that I have loved playing for so long just makes my heart swell. My return to the game at any point is uncertain (thanks ankle, and the metal that now holds it together) but I can certainly play with her now and it is just plain fun!
4 comments:
She is beautiful inside and out! Can't wait to watch her play ball!
She is growing up so fast! Tell her that I love the black boots--very sophisticated!
I was sooo worried she would take after Polk ---- so thankful she turned out to be a jock!!
Maybe by the time we visit in October, she'll be ready to throw a football? Gasp!
Post a Comment