Fall

Monday, June 13, 2011

New truck purchase

As some of you know, I've been on the hunt for a new vehicle for several weeks. That search was accelerated last month when Kristi's car was totaled. So after I test drove four other trucks, I settled on this Silverado, on Saturday.
  • 2008
  • 53,700 miles (at purchase)
  • 4 doors
  • V8 4.8 liter engine
  • 2 wheel drive
  • Running boards (steps)
  • Hard top bed cover
  • Bed liner
  • Window flaps/covers
It also has an after-market exhaust system without a muffler, so it's louder than normal, which adds horsepower. The previous owner registered it at Fort Stewart near Augusta, so maybe a military guy needed an ego boost.

The dealer also put in a new battery and standard tires. The place where we bought had a policy of putting fancy after-market tires on its vehicles, which cost extra and weren't as good. On Sunday, we went to AutoZone and picked up some new floor mats, windshield wipers and a steering wheel cover. We're still undecided on getting an OnStar subscription and Sirius/XM. We still have Sirius/XM in the Sonata, so we'll see if we miss it.

(Small world note: The inventor of those window flaps is a donor to UGA, who Kristi knows of. He has them on his house!)

One big question is I'm considering a personalized license plate. How does 'Uncle K' look? Or, 'Unk 4 life?' Or '#1 Uncle?'








3 comments:

Grace Halsey said...

Looks really nice! Thanks for all the pics. I vote for #1 Uncle. :)

Laura Bridges said...

We love it! Two thumbs up from your truck drivin' brother in law (who is on the lookout for a 4 door of his own) and Abbs, because it's a "backseat truck."
Kristi, if you have a little trouble adjusting to getting in and out, don't worry, you'll get used to it!

polk said...

Wow! The truck looks great. I like all the license plate ideas. I think any of them would cause lots of comments.