Fall

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Big Six!

Our big girl will be six tomorrow at 3:47pm. By then, Andy will be packing the Suburban and I'll be on my way to pick up the girls for our much anticipated mini vacation to the shores of Lake Michigan. So, just a little bit early, this is her birthday post!

I can't believe that the tiny baby under the oxygen tent has grown up to be the long legged, beautiful girl that she is today. The theme of her party this year was Squinkies, most of you have met them by now but for those who hadn't, they took center stage on the cake.


Placed carefully by our birthday girl, of course.


Abigail started asking me at 7:30 that morning when she could start opening her gifts. By 2pm when the party started, we were both beyond ready to see the loot! There were squinkies, a carrying case for them, plenty of Hello Kitty items and some adorable school clothes.



Plus, an iPod, a golf bag and set of clubs, and a very cool backpack that has already been used.






Abigail was thrilled with her gifts and with her guests! "Annu" and Dane, our childhood babysitter and her husband, were able to come and Abbs was so excited about that. Last year she chose to have a party with just her friends but this year she couldn't wait to see her cousins. Possibly because they introduced her to the well loved squinkies, perhaps??


Someone was all tuckered out from the family party and no nap, so the birthday girl nicely shared her iPod and soon Hannah was fast asleep.




But she rebounded in time for the slumber party with two of Abigail's closest friends. The girls got along well and had such a fun night! They had a fashion show, watched a movie, ate popcorn, put on pretend makeup, cooked in the playhouse (making a fantastic mess that I found on Sunday) and slept pretty well.




Happy, happy birthday to the sweetest little girl I know. She makes us so proud with her loving ways and gentle spirit! It's hard to believe she's going to be six, but we are so very proud of the little girl she has become. Happy Birthday, Abigail!!










3 comments:

Grace Halsey said...

What a sweet post! The cake turned out really cute and it was so nice to see her so happy. Golf scholarship, here she comes!!! :)

Polk said...

I can't believe how grown-up she is. The picture of her with her golf bag looked like she was ready to play a round! I'm glad she still likes to curl up in my lap for snuggles.

Keith said...

I have a feeling those fantastic messes are only going to get more creative. I love Hannah's lounging, but I can't place where she got that gene from.