A week ago today (sorry for the wait!), we returned from our summer trip to visit our "northern" family and friends. We chose the perfect time because our Mississippi friends endured 100+ degree days in our absence! The trip went really well, we just wish our visits could've lasted longer. Our first visit was at my "homeplace" (as they say in the south) in Louisville with Mom & Dad, Maggie Mae, Kenny and Annu & Dane. A highlight for the kids was the walk with Maggie Mae! Clara also enjoyed helping Mom fix lunch.
Our next stop was Shelbyville to spend time with the cousins. This was our first time to see Hannah and you can see that Benjamin checked her out thoroughly!
Laura already reported on our time at the Children's Museum, but I thought I'd add this cute picture of Clara and Abigail dancing (center-stage) to the sing-along music.

After a short visit with friends in Bloomington, we headed to NE Indiana to see Andy's side of the family. Here are some highlights of that visit: a horse drawn carriage ride in Shipshewana, taking a ride with Grandpa in the car that he built by himself, and Clara trying her hand with chopsticks at a Chinese restaurant with Grandma looking on.

It was nice to return home to our own space and routine, but we're already looking forward to seeing everyone again during our after Christmas trip!

2 comments:
You managed to include a lot in this post! I think I'm adding "a horse drawn carriage ride" to the list of things I'd like to do with the girls :-) The Chinese food must have been a real adventure!
I tried to include the whole trip, at least hightlights--but there were a lot! Clara has seen chopsticks used on Sesame Street, so she REALLY wanted to show me her stuff. :)
Post a Comment