Fall

Friday, October 31, 2008

Things I want to remember

Babybooks are just wonderful...if you have the time to keep them! I have done a fair job on baby books for both girls but they don't have room for the funny little anecdotes that Andy and I enjoy so much and really want to remember! So, here and there I've included these moments on the blog. I figure that we'll always be able to look back and read them, so here is the latest:

Hannah's teething so far has been much worse than anything I ever dreamed about with Abby. She has two teeth so far and the pediatrician said she has a lot of swelling in her gums, including back where the molars are. Nights are long and in the morning the poor little thing falls back to sleep in her carseat because she's just so tired. Sure wish I had a nap to look forward to! That's all I'm gonna say about that.

Because I have always had a long commute to and from work, I try to use that time to the fullest. As several of you know, I often chat with family and friends. On pretty days I open the sunroof and turn the radio up and pretend that I'm not almost 30 with two carseats behind me! Sometimes I pray, sometimes I just enjoy the quiet. So this week I had a thought that the time in the car on the way to the babysitter's, while Abby and I talk (and Hannah sleeps), would be the perfect time to teach her about prayer. For those of you who know that my brother in law is a Pastor, please remember that I'm not and this is incredibly elementary and not anything more than my brainstorm! The past few mornings we have prayed in the car and Abigail loves it!
We stick to things we're thankful for (family, home, etc.) and people we love or who we might be worried about. I pray outloud and Abby adds things when she thinks of them. It's an incredibly simple beginning, but maybe it's the beginning of intercessory prayer, you just never know. Anyway, so far Abigail has given thanks for: popsicles, Daddy's four wheeler, Hannah's giggles and Halloween costumes! Then, she later asks if we can "Do God talk again." That's just gotta make you smile!

2 comments:

Abby Engle said...

Oh, Laura, that is just the sweetest thing!! It made me smile :) And I'm right there with ya on the baby book....

Miss you!
Abbs

Megan said...

I don't know how I missed the dance pics. I'm a blog stalker so you know I check this daily. It brought tears to my eyes to think of that little girl in her cast for the first year of her life. We are so thankful for straight feet!!!