Fall

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Let's start a club...

We could call it: Earaches Anonymous; Ear Infection Support Group; Sleepless Parents of Babies with Ear Infections...you name it, I'd join.
Hannah has been a remarkably healthy baby so far but this morning, after a mostly sleepless night, we headed to the pediatrician with her second ear infection. The first one was only a month ago! Since she recovered from that one and has started eating a little bowl of cereal before bed, I've been thoroughly enjoying her good sleep. But, last night as I was talking to Gracie, Hannah began to fuss and things seemed a little off. It's tough to try to comfort such a pitiful little thing, nothing seems to work.
I think Abigail had 5 ear infections total and after that many, Andy and I are getting pretty good at reading the signs. Of course, our doctor is thorough and asks all the necessary questions and I swear, the last thing they check is the ears. I usually just want to say, "Ear infection, right ear! Look right here, you'll see redness and fluid, I promise!"
Other members of the club would have to be Mom (who made it through many ear infections with me, and then tubes) and Becky (at last count, Austin has already had 6 ear infections and he's just 13 months old). Anyone else??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think nathan had eight or so before he was a year old.

Kayla

Laura Bridges said...

Yes, I forgot to mention that your mom would definitely be a member of my 'club!' I hope Hannah is more comfortable today.