Fall

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Abigail's first dance recital!!

On Saturday we all attended the long awaited Style Dance Academy year end recital at Shelbyville High School. Our group took up almost an entire row in the auditorium! Polk and Pops, Grandma Aggie (Abby's great grandmother), Grandma Sharon, Aunt Evelyn (Abby's great, great aunt), Hannah, Andy and I were all there. Abigail's 'tot dance' and 'tot gym' classes each performed and she did a great job! Above is the video of her dance class. We had a ball watching each performance and we are so proud of Abigail's growth and development over the past year. Dance seems to have helped her come out of her shell and has definitely strengthened her feet and legs. How's that for two birds with one stone? After the recital she received flowers from Pops and Grandma Sharon and Grandma Aggie and a huge trophy from her teachers, Miss Kari, Miss Holly and Miss Alicia.

On the way home from the recital Andy asked Abby how she thought it went and she said "I had SO much fun!" Next year she will be in the "Mini Movers" class. Now, let's all take a minute to be thankful that I don't have to fix hair and makeup for my preschooler for another year!

**Special thanks to ICI for letting me borrow the office video camera, and to our very patient IT guy, Patrick. He helped me post this video.

6 comments:

Keith said...

As I've predicted, she's on her way to stardom. (She was obviously the most talented on this stage.)
I'll go ahead and volunteer to help negotiate any contracts, and handle agents, managers and other members of the entourage.

Polk said...

Yah Patrick!! The video was terrific. I was there so I know she was better than all the other kids but now the whole world can see for themselves!! Way to go Abbs for the terrific performance and way to go Ruthie for all the preparation and video taping.

Grace Halsey said...

How cute! I love her long, curly ponytails! I'm so glad we could see the video.

Megan said...

Seriously, our Abs is brilliant!! She definitely had the most clue as to what was going on up there. I would call her performance spunky:0) Good work on the hair and makeup. If I have a girl and she's prissy can you help me with that stuff?

Kristi Hughes said...

Love the video, I started claming at the end and then remembered I was a work - oops. Funny timing. I just found my first dance costume the other day. It's so little - it's funny how time flys

Annu said...

Ok, that's just too cute! She really was the best! I love it!