



Well, of the 27 birthdays, this one was one of the most action-packed.
Kristi and I started in Athens with a trip to a doughnut shop for some red velvet, chocolate covered doughnuts. Umm...umm...my favorite. Then went to Buckhead Diner for some crab cakes (Kristi had grouper) and their famous appetizer potato chips. Unfortunately, it was average at best, but at least she had a gift card, so the price was right for me. =)
The afternoon took us to Piedmont Park in Atlanta where we rented bikes and rode for an hour. Boy, were we sweaty! We're talking high 80s and sunny, c'mon.
Then we headed over to the game, Cubs-Braves, and the Baby Bears prevailed, in 11 innings, 3-2. We were joined by my home group guys and their girlfriends. There was Dan, Mike, Greg, David, Robin, Scott, and Tara. Nine of us all together. We cashed in on 2-for-1 priced tickets because it was on Wednesday. And my ticket was free because of a birthday promotion all season. (We plan to go back for Kristi's birthday in August...It's in February, but they match year round birthdays throughout the season)
I couldn't have thought of more stuff to do for my birthday, especially if you include the entire week.
Bruce cooked Sunday dinner before the big day. Fall-off-the-bone chicken wings as an appetizer, a slab of beef with goat cheese, spinach, prosciutto, and noodles for the main course. And a blackberry, peach cobbler for dessert.
Gifts included a drill, 25-foot, tape measure and tool tote from Bruce and Carole, white golf shirt, and plaid shorts from Kristi, money from the AARPs and Ruthie, and an Olive Garden gift card from Clefster.
Whew! I'm gonna need most of the year to get ready for the big 2-8 at this pace.
3 comments:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I hope we don't bore you two on vacation! The rugrats can't maintain your pace! Glad you had such a fun birthday, your group of friends is awesome.
No worries, Laura - I have a plan for that! The rug rats are in for a treat! Uncle Keith in a costume - that's all I'm going to say.
That's awesome that you got to see the Cubs win and in extra innings to top it off! Glad to hear it was a great time. Our vacation will be an entirely different sort of fun. :)
Post a Comment