Fall

Monday, December 14, 2009

It's beginning to feel like Christmastime!


Preparing for Christmas has been really fun so far this year! Busy, but fun. Two highlights so far are our new artificial tree which took most of a day to setup. Abigail, Mom and I had a ball assembling and decorating it. Hannah and Dad helped some, but mostly 'supervised.' I am thrilled with having a big tree early in December and right in the middle of the house. We may go back to a 'real' tree at some point but for this year, the artificial tree has been much more practical time wise, was free (from some friends) and has really put me in the Christmas spirit! So thanks to my husband for indulging my wish to have this huge tree!

The other highlight was our church's Christmas program last night. Here is Abigail (second from the right) with her Sunday School class, taking part in a little skit called "The Treasure Box" about the gifts the wisemen brought to Jesus.

And, in a separate 'act' the girls both played sheep. One very cooperative, one less so. But hey, she's not even two yet. Who cares if we had to tell her she was a pony to get her to do it? Once they were up front, Abigail stepped right up as big sister, to try to reassure Hannah. Eventually Hannah ended up in my lap, but not before I got this picture.


We have a wonderful church, with lots of kids. The program was called "To Know CHRISTmas" and it was a good reminder of the reason for the season.





4 comments:

Grace Halsey said...

Your tree looks gorgeous!! I would love to see a video sometime of the Christmas program (if you have one!) Glad to hear you guys are having fun.

Keith said...

I'm going to need to check what kind of steroids or HGH that tree is on. My heavens.
I might need to have an in-home rendition of the Christmas program to get the full effect. Ha!

Laura Bridges said...

Gracie - sorry, no video. I was too busy herding children. Half of the kids in the play weren't in this picture and for each skit I was trying to have them all in the right place. I'm still unsure how I got that job! And Keith - wait 'til you see it in person, it's huge and I love it!!

Megan said...

Okay, seriously, those girls are gonna hate you someday when you show off that picture of them in their sheep costumes either at a graduation or a wedding:0)