Fall

Monday, December 21, 2009

The Week Before Christmas

It's been such a busy month and Christmas is still 4 days away!

Happy Birthday to Aunt Susanna on the 19th! To celebrate, we went bowling with Andy's siblings, parents and grandma, plus Susanna's best friend and her family and Susanna's in laws. We had a great time, despite the fact that Andy had been up for a day and a half (working) at that point. As fun as this time of year is, it was great to have an evening with no shopping, no wrapping and no baking.


Abigail and her bumper bowling skills...note the pink bowling ball. (Her cousin Gavin is watching)
The girls with their Great Grandma Aggie

Aunt Susanna is the big 3-0! I don't know what Hannah's deal is in this picture but (cousin) Hailey's super personality is shining through!

Let the gift giving begin! Here's Abby unwrapping a gift from a lady at church, Miss Cindy. She is so sweet and gracious, bringing Easter treats and Christmas gifts for the girls every year. Our church is just full of people like her and they have done wonders for helping Abigail learn to be more outgoing, since it is such a warm atmosphere.

Our annual gingerbread house tradition...we decorated on Saturday. The girls both had a ball and naturally wanted to eat the icing as soon as possible!



The finished product! Hannah had long ago lost patience and gone off to play.


After church on Sunday I took some Christmas pictures while the girls were in their dresses. Since our Christmas Eve service is late, this was the last chance to be dressed up in their special dresses. I've posted enough pictures already so I didn't add a bunch more of these but let's just say, they were full of shenanigans! This one's a little bit silly but I did end up with a couple of good ones.


Hannah, finally looking at the camera. Abigail, looking at Hannah and not at me!

Merry Christmas everyone!







5 comments:

Grace Halsey said...

They look beautiful in their dresses!

Anonymous said...

The girls look terrific! Great job "Ruthie"!! What a super mother!!! Love, "Pops"

Megan said...

That picture of Aunt Susanna with Hannah is funny. That must have been Hannah's game face:0) I love love love that Christmas pic of the girls where Hannah is looking at Abs. Can I get a copy of that?

Keith said...

My favorite was Hannah smiling at the gingerbread house.

Anonymous said...

Love that Hannah's ponytails! She definitely inherited your hair!
Annu