Fall

Saturday, June 18, 2011

New recliner

Kristi and I continued to stimulate the economy with the purchase of a new recliner today. Dobbie's old standby had served me well from St. Louis to Lexington to Anderson and finally Athens. For its age, it held up really well. But it was time for a new one with more cushion and fewer creaks.



At the seventh store of the afternoon, we settled on this beauty.


The price was much lower than any of the other stores, and we took advantage of a Father's Day sale. I was asked more than once if I was a father, but rest assured, they honor the sales to non-fathers.

Being such a recliner connoisseur, I'm sure when it's delivered on June 29, Polk will burn rubber in the Silver Bullet down here to visit. When Pops comes to visit next, between the truck being higher off the ground than the Sonata, and the new recliner, he won't want to leave.

5 comments:

Grace Halsey said...

Following in BB's footsteps, I see! The real question is, what does Mrs. K really think about it? :)

Laura Bridges said...

That thing looks like a giant, gray marshmallow! But, I'm sure it's comfy!

Mrs. K said...

I'm happy that he is happy

Grace Halsey said...

That is very sweet, Mrs. K!

Polk said...

It's the beige one isn't it? I'll never understand why anyone would buy one of those but if you're happy and Kristi can tolerate it, go for it!!